In a previous post I have described how I have built an IT Laboratory. The challenge was to automate some settings on each server in order to be able to deploy faster the entire laboratory. So after I installed the Domain Controller I decided to modify some of the Default Domain Policy settings in order to make my life easier :). I am going to describe below what I changed and how I did it, in a walk-through style.
To get started with, just open the Group Policy Management Tool, expand your Forest, then Group Policy Objects and then right click on Default Domain Policy and click on Edit.
I will group the changes into the Default Group Policy as follows:
Please navigate to Windows Settings under Computer Configuration, and then to Policies. Here expand Security Settings and then Account Policies and just click on Password Policy.