First of all we have to download the SharePoint 2010 Language Packs from Microsoft. Before clicking the Download button please select from the Change Language drop down the language you want to implement.
You could also search for the localized version of the Language Packs, directly. For example – German version of the SharePoint 2010 Language Packs.
One observation – you can use this file too add language packs for the following products too:
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010
- Microsoft Project Server 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Search Server 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Search Server Express 2010
- Microsoft Office Web Apps 2010
Now, what follows it’s an easy job:
1. Double click the downloaded file and accept the terms and conditions.
2. After the installation is finished run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard (Start -> All Programs -> Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Products).
3. Please click Yes in the dialog box that alerts you that some services might need to be restarted during this configuration. Then, on the Modify Server Farm Settings page, click Do not disconnect from this server farm.
4. At the end, on the Configuration Successful page, just click Finish.
5. Now please open Internet Explorer and go to your site collection settings page.
7. After you will have clicked the OK button you will have had the possibility to use the alternate language within the site collection. For example you could change the display language for your account.
Trackback from your site.