After upgrading a CRM 4 environment to CRM 2011, I’ve noticed that the User Filters in CRM Outlook Client are missing. The bad thing is that you cannot synchronize contacts, appointments etc. with the CRM server.
The fix came after putting a SQL Profiler to watch all the SQL commands that are run when a CRM Outlook Client is instantiated.
What I’ve noticed is that in the SystemUserBase table (the one that contains all the users inside the CRM organization’s database) it exists a column called DefaultFiltersPopulated. This has two possible values: 0 or 1.
The fastest way to re-deploy the filters is to update DefaultFiltersPopulated value, corresponding to the user that is experiencing the issue, to 0 and then to re-add the CRM Organization in the Configuration Wizard.
update SystemUserBase set DefaultFiltersPopulated = 0 from SystemUserBase where SystemUserId = 'the-guid-of-the-account'
Trackback from your site.